Nustadia Community Engagement
Nustadia is committed to meeting the needs of the overall community. We continue to demonstrate commitment through the following corporate practices and initiatives:
- Through the initial development process, community input is vital to establishing facility building programs and operating business plans – which includes facility user fees.
- Consult and engage the local community to set operating policies to minimize any impact a recreation facility may have on the neighbourhood.
- Through the development and implementation of “Community Access Policies” we attempt to address and resolve inequalities in facility user allocation policies.
- Through our Annual Golf Tournament and Curling Bonspiel, Nustadia has raised over $200,000 over the past twelve years with funds donated to help disadvantaged youth participate in various sports activities in the communities we serve.
- Through our affiliation with the Heart & Stroke Association, our facilities have helped raise in excess of $6 M towards this cause.